Guest Post + Giveaway: 5 Facts About Alopecia Areata By Jessica E. Subject
Here are five facts you should know about this disease:
- Alopecia Areata is considered an autoimmune disease in which the immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles as foreign invaders.
- In most cases, hair loss does not extend beyond a few bare patches, but can progress to a total loss of hair on the head or to the entire body.
- Alopecia Areata often begins in childhood and affects nearly two percent of Americans of both sexes, all ages and ethnic backgrounds.
- Currently there is no cure or drugs approved for its treatment.
- Alopecia Areata is not contagious, a painful disease, and doesn’t make patients physically sick. However, the social and emotional effects of this disease can be challenging, especially when patients are school-aged.
Through my story, I hope to increase awareness about this common, yet unfamiliar disease.
Now tell me, what charities are you passionate about?
Simply leave a comment (with your email address) on any of the posts during the tour for your chance to WIN! The more posts you visit, the more chances to WIN!
Synopsis: Left at the altar with bald patches on her head and her self-confidence stripped away, Tamara Johnson must pick up the pieces of her life and face her Alopecia Areata, the autoimmune disease causing her hair to fall out. She is convinced no man will date a bald woman and arranges a one-night stand through Madame Evangeline’s popular service, 1Night Stand. With her new wig held firmly in place, Tamara arrives at the Castillo Hotel in Las Vegas for a night of passion and pleasure. Anything more than one night would mean exposing her bald head, and she will never do that to any man again.
Running into the Castillo Hotel, away from the paparazzi constantly at his heels, Josh Summers wants to spend his next few days locked away from the flashing lights and screaming fans. When he finds an incredibly sexy woman lying on his hotel room bed in nothing but lingerie, he thinks management has made a mistake. Leaving her behind, he heads for the lobby to get the situation rectified. But an unexpected text from Madame Evangeline sends him back to his room. Though unsure whether the woman on the bed is really his perfect match or just another fan believing him to be like his character on television, he knows he must find out, even if it means he must risk telling her his own secrets. If Tamara can handle his imperfections, she just might be his ideal woman
About The Author:
Jessica Subject started writing to encourage her daughter to read. Now she writes to keep herself grounded. Although she reads many genres, she enjoys writing Science Fiction Romance the most and believes everyone in the universe deserves a happily ever after. She lives Southwestern Ontario, Canada with her husband and two kids and loves to hear from anyone who has enjoyed her stories.